Part-Time positions are available for the weekend 7am - 7pm and 7pm - 7am shifts. The successful candidate must have a strong clinical background.
Qualifications: Licensed South Carolina Registered Nurse with long-term care experience
Nursing Care Functions
- Review nurses notes to ensure that they are informative and descriptive of the nursing care being provided and that they reflect the residents response to the care.
- Provide direct nursing care as necessary, to include assuming shift duties of a unit or wing.
- Keep the Executive Director informed of the status of resident and other related matters through written/oral reports.
- Meet with residents and/or family members as necessary.Report problem areas to the Executive Director.
- Notify the resident s attending physician and next-of-kin when there is a change in the resident s condition.
- Call funeral homes when requested by family.
- Authorize the use of restraints when necessary and in accordance with our facility s policies and procedures.
- Make independent decisions concerning nursing care.
- Supervise LPN s, start of IV s, obtain sputum, urine and other lab tests as ordered or direct staff to do so.
- Take TPR s blood pressures, etc..., as necessary.
- Assist the Staff Nurse in monitoring seriously ill residents.
- Inform family members of the death of resident as necessary.
Associated topics: asn, care, care unit, hospice, intensive, maternal, neonatal, psychiatric, registered nurse, tcu